From the early 19th century, steak knives have been a part of table manners. People who know how to use them rightly are considered respectful. However, at one time, it was also a significant weapon for UK-based skinhead gangs.
The sight of a well-cooked beef steak with herbs and mashed potato on the sides is mesmerizing. You would want to taste the meal even if you are not hungry. To enjoy this meal to the fullest, having a good steak knife is very important. The meat would lose its taste if not cut with top-quality cutlery. Do not adopt a hasty approach and buy a low-standard knife to save money.
Before moving forward let’s have a look on our top five recommendations:
|TopTop||Home Hero||Home Hero Steak Knives Set of 8 - Steak Knife Set - Serrated Steak Knives Dishwasher Safe Steak Knives - Steak Knifes Set of 8 - Stainless Steak Knives Serrated - Dinner Knives||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Farberware||Farberware 4-Piece Full-Tang Triple Rivet 'Never Needs Sharpening' Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set, Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||KitchenAid||KitchenAid KKFSS4ST Classic Forged Series Brushed Steak Knife Set (Set of 4), Stainless Steel, 4.5"||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Rada Cutlery||Rada Cutlery Utility Steak Knives Gift Set Stainless Steel Knife Made in the USA, Set of 6, Black Handle||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||FOXEL||VG10 Steak Knives Knife Set of 4, 8, or 12 - Non Serrated Straight Edge Blade Razor Sharp - Premium Steel - Gift Box Set -Hand Wash Only||Prime||Buy Now|
The variance between a steak knife and a regular knife?
Unfortunately, even some of the most experienced chefs do not have a complete awareness of the classification of lives and the reasons they are used. It is beneficial to have in-depth information.
What is Differences Between Normal and Steak Knives?
Here are we points that will clean your view about the difference in normal and steak knives:
1. Better Grip
The blade quality of a steak knife is much better than a normal one. Its style is different as well. Secondly, these knives have a stable grip, which, even chopping off hefty meat chunks is a problem.
2. Finer and Sharper Blade Cuts
A steak knife is used to cut thick meat chunks, so the state of the art sharpness is necessary. Everyday kitchen knives do not have a toothed blade. However, steak knives are much sharper, and even think meat pieces are easily cut into smaller ones.
Scenarios Where Steak Knives Come into Play?
1. Eating Steak
While having your steak, you need to cut the meat into smaller pieces, whether beef or chicken. The meat piece’s width is thick and using an ordinary kitchen/dining knife of the question. Therefore, you need a knife with better cutting ability. Hence, using this specially designed knife is the best alternative.
2. Cooking Purposes
Chefs prepare a variety of meals, including steaks that involve cutting meat chunks. To cut the pieces uniformly, more force is required, so chefs use the steak knife. It has pointed blades on the sides, so even going through thick meat chunks is not tricky.
Criteria for Choosing a Steak Knife
A good steak knife can make your eating/cooking experience full of pleasure. The flip side is that a lousy knife can ruin it completely. Therefore, whether you are cooking a steak or eating it, considering the right factors and picking appropriate knives is extremely important.
We can have a more imminent look at the measures you need to keep in mind.
1. Appropriate Balance
The balance of a steak knife impacts the cutting ability and, not to forget, the blade weight. More importantly, keep an eye on what your hand is comfortable with. There are no fixed parameters to select the blade’s weight, and it varies from person to person. You need to live the knife and see whether cutting would be easy or not.
A point that is either too volatile too heavy can be an intricacy. Holding the blade is an important parameter as well. Make sure that you are content with the size of the handle length, shape, and balance before going for the purchase.
2. Size of Blade
Some people like their steak knives to have longer blades. In beef steak, people like long edges since the meat surface is rougher, and cutting becomes more challenging. However, this is not everyone’s preference. A lot of steak lovers go for short sharp blades.
3. Robustness and appearance
Some people are too conscious about the cutlery they own. For them, the appearance of a steak knife may be more critical than its cutting ability. You can always get a custom knife designed if you fall in this category. To cut it short, if your preferences brute force, then concentrate on robustness. The fervor of the steak knife should be top level.
4. Blade and handle fixtures
A steak knife, or for that matter, any knife, is not a one-piece component. It is constructed by joining the blade and handle, so there should be no gaps. If these two components are not fixed property, the grip will loosen.
Types of Steak Knives
Users can select different types of steak knives according to their likes and dislikes. Given below are the critical steak knife classifications.
1. Plain Edged Steak Knives
These are the knives with a conventional classic shape. As compared to the other types of steak knives, these are easier to clean. You can use them for a long span if they are maintained and sharpened correctly regularly.
2. Serrated Steak Knives
These knives have a different blade shape as compared to straight-edged knives. Blade edges look like staircases, but the grip and impact are impressive. These work well for professional chefs. However, cleaning and keeping them in good shape a challenge.
10 Best Steak Knives
Steaks are every meat lover’s favorite food. It is not acceptable for a delicious steak to be on the dinner table without a set of sharp knives accompanying it. Steak knives are supposed to be competent and designed such that they slice pieces evenly.
Other factors such as beauty, comfort, and durability play a part too. Today we will be making things easier for people hunting the ideal set of steak knives. Here are our picks of the best steak knife sets!
Farberware 4-Piece Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set
- 4 Knives of 4.5″ Each — Farberware’s set provides four knives with the perfect size for steak cutting.
- Never Needs Sharpening — Each knife in the set has blades that never need sharpening.
- Easy to Maintain — the set does not demand any distinctive care or sustenance.
Farberware is a well-known brand that offers high-quality kitchen products to its customers. Their steak knife set is just another example of their willingness to achieve customer satisfaction. Coming to the knives, we have four pieces included in the set. Because of the aid of high-carbon stainless-steel blades, the steak knives do not demand-sharpening. This is meaningful protection for people who find re-sharpening troublesome.
Moving on, the traditional triple-riveted handles are merged with blades for comfort and a solid grip. The best part is that these four knives require minimal to no special care at all. In the judgment, the steak knife set is an absolute pick for a family of four.
- Perfect size for cutting steak
- Long-lasting sharpness
- Not rust-resistant
KitchenAid Forged Series Brushed Steak Knife Set
- 4 Knives with German Stainless-steel Blades — The set includes four ultra-sharp German Steel knives.
- Serrated Edge — The serrated edge of the blade helps the most in slicing through fat cuts.
- Ergonomic Full tang Handles — Strong Full tang handles designed for a comfortable grip.
KitchenAid’s set of 4 steak knives will perfectly blend in with your other cutlery tools. The knives have a simple yet sleek design that would match with your forks when the steak is presented on the dinner table. With high-carbon German blades, expect a sharp and durable blade performance from these knives.
The knives’ serrated edge would be of great help when you’re cutting through sticky and challenging pieces of the steak or trimming the fat from the slices. Let us not forget the ergonomically engineered bolster handles designed for optimal control over the knife. If you’re into silver cutlery, this steak knife set is undoubtedly for you!
- Attractive, sleek design that matches
- Safe to be washed in the dishwasher
- Steel is prone to rust
Rada Cutlery Utility Steak Knives
- Set of 6 Stainless-steel knives — The set features six knives with stainless steel blades.
- Serrated Blade Edge — Serrated edges on blades provide more delicate cuts.
- Multi-Purpose — Not only for steaks but also for other kitchen uses.
Rada brings you a set of straight six knives with refined stainless-steel. Comprising of serrated edges, these knives can do more than just cutting steaks. The blades have classical black handles that provide a stable grip when you’re cutting steaks.
These American knives come wrapped in an elegant box, with the knives fitted perfectly inside. The wonderful news is that you can even deliver them to your advocates, genus, and relatives as gifts. If you have a magnanimous family of 6, this set of steak knives will serve you well. Their simple yet attractive look and quality performance will make you a fan in no time!
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Multifunctional and versatile
- Knives are prone to discoloration
VG10 Steak Knives Knife Set
- Set of 4 Non-serrated Steak Knives — VG10’s set of steak knives includes four clean-angled knives.
- Rust Resistant — Robust and non-serrated blades are fully rust-resistant.
- Stainless-steel Handles — Steel handles are merged with the edge, eliminating chances of breakage.
VG10 brings you a set of 4 luxurious knives that have an aesthetic and elegant design. The knives have non-serrated blades that are not getting rusty anytime soon. The impeccable sharpness of these short knives will make you want to make steak for every meal so that you could cut it through these!
Not to mention the thick stainless-steel handles merged forcefully with the blades. Hence, completely eradicating any possibilities of the knife breaking in half. Whether it’s tenderloin or lamb chops for dinner, you would not want to slice your meat with any other cutlery tool than your very own VG10’s steak knives.
- Luxurious visually pleasing look
- Wet hands might not handle the steel grip effectively
Tramontina ProLine 8-piece Steak Knife Set
- 8-piece Knife Set — Tramontina brings you a total of 8 knives in the set.
- Stainless-steel Blades — High-carbon steel blades offer excellent sharpness.
- Half-Serrated Edges — Half-serrated edge makes it ideal for cutting both steak and bread.
Tramontina offers a set of 8 steak knives. With the breathtaking high-carbon stainless steel blades, the sharpness of these steak knives is up to the mark. A half-serrated edge makes the knife an excellent pick for trimming fat or cutting slices of steak.
As for the handles, Tramontina went for the classical triple-riveted style but with a change of color. These ergonomically designed handles are easy to grip and provide a firm grasp over the knife. Overall, the knives seem to be good picks for steak cutting. As we mentioned, the set hosts eight pieces, so these steak knives would befit your household the most if you have a large family.
- Ideal for large families
- Half-serrated edge means versatile usability
- Handles are prone to discoloration
Laguiole California Steak Knives
- Set of 6 Steak Knives of Stainless-steel — The set features six knives of high-quality steel.
- Beautiful Natural wood handles — The knives have Natural wood handles embedded with steel buds.
- Elegant Oakwood Case Packing — The set comes in a sleek oakwood case for an applaudable presentation.
Laguiole steak knives are all about looks. But don’t worry, their performance is not disappointing either. The knives feature razor-sharp blades crafted manually. Safe for automatic dishwashing, these knives have handles that are a thing of beauty.
We are talking about pure natural wood handles with shiny steel designs embedded onto them. These knives will make your steak dinner table bloom with their fine dine looks. Being forged by hand, the knives are packed into an oakwood case, adding more points to their already beautiful presentation. Overall, these knives deserve the best display award from our list of steak knives.
- Highly attractive
- Comfortable and Luxurious handles
- Durability is average
J.A. Henckels International 8-Piece Steak Knife Set
- Stainless steel — Not only the blade but the handle of this knife is also made of stainless steel that plays a vital role in its high durability.
- Serrated cutting edge — Because of its serrated edge, it can easily cut through more challenging materials and does not need much additional sharpening.
- Dishwasher-safe — Because of this feature, they are easy to clean, unlike other knives.
J. A Henckels International Stainless Steel Steak knife set is at its finest with its one-piece construction. These steak knives are a wonder in themselves when they are lying on your kitchen shelf. This knife set’s sharpness is beyond amazing and makes sure to cut the right texture of steak, be it beef, mutton, or chicken. This knife set is no doubt a game-changer when it comes to steak knives.
Home Hero Steak Knives Set
- Rust-resistant stainless steel — No matter how many times you wash these knives, they will not be corrupted because of the excellent quality steel used in its making.
- Polypropylene handles — These knives come with polypropylene handles that are further coated with tpr to ensure a safe and robust grip.
- Straight-edged blade — The straight-edged edge helps in cutting through the steak without any hassle because of its elongated size and significant sharpness.
The first thing that catches the eye when it comes to the Home Hero steak knife set is its black shade. This knife set will serve its purpose with regards to cutting the steak and increase the aesthetic atmosphere of your kitchen. It will effortlessly cut through the steak, its non-stick coating will avoid food sticking.
There is a difference between buying steak knives and buying the right ones. By selecting the right factors, you can easily avoid substandard products. As a user, you should know which components of the knife have to be appropriately checked. The blade sharpness is quite critical and impacts how meat gets chopped.
Cleaning processes and difficulty levels also vary from one steak knife type to the other. Selecting the right steak knife requires users to check balance, blade quality, and other parameters.