As the name insinuates, a pouch knife is the kind of knife that can easily drape inside your pocket. Also, one may realize from its name that it is relatively small in size. What makes a pocket knife peculiar and different from other knives is that it can have one or more blades folded inside a handle. Because of this particular feature, this knife is safe to carry around.
Besides, pocket knives have a large variety of types. These types range from peasant knife to slip joint knife, from Barlow knife to camper knife, from canoe knife to congress knife, from peanut knife to pen knife, and the list goes on.
Before moving forward please have a look on our top recommendations:
|Gerber Gear||Gerber Prybrid X, Pocket Knife with Utility Blade and Prybar for EDC, Green [31-003739],Black/Green||Prime||Buy Now|
|Wild Turkey Handmade||Elk Ridge Rainbow Frame with Black Overlay with Elk Cutout Knife||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Fanfoobi||Laser Engraved Pocket Knife Love You More, Anniversary Present for Men, Boyfriend, Husband Present idea for Birthday, Christmas, Fathers Day||Prime||Buy Now|
|SWITCHEDGE||SWITCHEDGE 14 Tools in One Black Pocket Knife||Prime||Buy Now|
|GRAND WAY||Pocket Knife Spring Assisted Folding Knives - Military EDC USMC Tactical Jack Knifes - Best Camping Hunting Fishing Hiking Survival Knofe - Travel Accessories Gear - Boy Scout Knife Gifts for Men 0207||Prime||Buy Now|
How is a Pocket Knife Different from a Kitchen Knife?
A pocket knife is entirely different from a kitchen knife. The discrepancy between these two blades is not only in terms of fashion but also in usage.
- Kitchen knives are usually used in food prep tasks, but pocket knives are used in performing a wide range of other tasks.
- Kitchen knives have fixed blades and possess no hinges, but pocket knives include hinges and locks.
- The length of the edge of a kitchen knife is longer than the blade of a pocket knife.
- Kitchen knives usually have simple handles, but pocket knives have jimping, finger guards, etc.
In short, a pocket knife and a kitchen knife is altogether a different term and cannot be treated as the same product.
Scenarios in Which a Pocket Knife can be Used:
One of the advantages of a pocket knife is that it comes in handy in various ways. Unlike other types of blades used for minimal tasks, pocket knives help make things easier in several ways.
- Package opening- In the modern era, pocket knives are widely used for opening individual packages. You can easily cut the packaging tape with its help and open up your parcel in no time.
- Removing cloth tags- Clothing tags are quite annoying, but you can easily cut them off within seconds if you have a pocket knife.
- Sharpen pencils- Sometimes, pencil sharpeners do not provide you with the kind of sharpness you want, especially in artists. Instead of using cutters that can hurt your fingers, you can use pocket knives to get a good and precise result.
- Get rid of loose threads- Loose threads hanging on to your clothes are quite bothersome, and the more you try to get rid of them, the more they elongate. With the help of a pocket knife, you can cut them off and save yourself from further hassle.
- Can opening- Also, a pocket knife can be used as a useful can opening tool. There are some pocket knives like Swiss Army knives that come with a can opener as well. Instead of looking for a can opener all over the house, take out your savior from the pocket and perform the deed.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Pocket Knife
As pocket knives come in many styles, it is not easy to choose the most suitable one. Some pocket knives have simple blades while others have multiple edges; some have drop points. In contrast, others have flip points, some have needle points, while others have spear points, some have manual opening blades, while others have automatic systems, and the list keeps getting bigger and bigger. It will be up to you to decide what kind of knife you want, but while buying a knife, make sure:
- It has a sound lock system to cause you no harm when you place it inside your pocket.
- It must be made of a substance that promotes a substantial grasp.
- A good blade geometry
- The stain-resistant steel will be a good option for you to choose.
Why Under $20 is the Best Price Range for a Pocket Knife?
In a world full of expensive products, if you somehow manage to find something that is economical and very useful, nothing can be compared to that blissful feeling. This is the situation with the pouch knives under $20.
When you explore deeply enough, you will realize a wide range of pocket knives available that are under $20 and are of excellent quality. What more do you want if you can buy a worthy pocket knife at an economical rate?
Gerber Prybrid X, Pocket Knife
- Compact Stylish Design — This knife has a commendable design with blade structures appropriately crafted.
- Hand / Finger Security — Finger grip is deep that prevents unwanted accidents
- Zero Rust — The handle is made of stainless steel, so rust is out of the question.
If you are looking for a decent pocketknife within a reasonable budget, the Gerber EAB lite is a strong candidate. If you talk about the X factors, the design is one of them. The structure is unique and very impressive.
In the case of a pocketknife, carrying is a critical concern for most buyers.
With the muscular structure and impressive features it has, both standard home users and professional hunters or campers can charm. A few days after the purchase is not a good sign for any user, ending up with a rusted knife a few days after the purchase. This happens when you are washing your hands and hold the knife with bare hands. With this accessory, you do not have to grieve about anything. The handle is made of stainless steel and completely impermeable.
- Handle made of stainless steel
- Strong grip
- Deep player for inserting fingers to avoid accidents
The blade may loosen after some time.
Elk Ridge Rainbow Frame with Black Overlay with Elk Cutout Knife
- Clip point — The blade of this knife is clip point, which makes it suitable for piercing.
- Stainless steel — The stainless steel blade remains free from corrosion and rusting and is highly durable.
- Medium blade — It possesses a medium edge of 3 to 4 inches in size and is relatively easy to carry.
This mini Elk Ridge Rainbow frame pocket knife is a site to look at because its shiny blade reflects out purplish shade. Also, its entering properties are striking and can be used in diverse ways. You can dig holes in your belt or other leather if you want to with its help.
Laser Engraved Pocket Knife
- Stainless steel blade — It ensures the long-lasting durability of the product by avoiding any corrosion.
- Lightweight — Although it is made of steel, it is elementary to carry because of its small size and lightweight.
- Multi-tasking — Because of its multifaceted nature, it can be used for various tenacities like camping, hunting, fishing, etc.
This laser engraved pouch knife is the absolute gift, especially for husbands. If you love somebody, be it your boyfriend, your father or your brother, then you can give it to them like the words “love you more” are engraved on it. Also, the matte black shade in which it comes is already so eye-catching. This pocket knife is useful in performing various tasks and is also a beauty that all men will love to carry.
SWITCHEDGE 14 Tools in One Black Pocket Knife
- Multipurpose tool — It can be used as a screwdriver or can opener.
- No rust — All devices are made of stainless steel, so rust is not an area of worry.
- Easy to carry — The knife is small in size and can easily be carried in the pocket.
SwitchEdge is a high-standard multipurpose knife equipped with various individual tools for cutting and chopping. Whether you want to file nails, open a bottle, or tighten a screw, this gadget has appropriate features for all tasks.
The appearance is quite impactful, with black as the primary color. It can be easily used underwater in a high moisture atmosphere as the handle is rust-free. Along with that, the grip is textured, which prevents the tool from slipping even if the hands are wet.
No need to carrying this knife in a bag while being on the move. It can be kept easily in the pocket.
- Sleek and smart appearance
- Tools for different individual tasks (can opening, cutting)
- Textured grip to avoid slipping
- Compact and easy to carry in the pocket
- In comparison to the features, the price is high
- Weight on the higher side
Gerber EAB Lite Pocket Knife
- Stainless steel blade — The stainless steel blade of Gerber is resilient against the vicissitudes of time.
- Deep finger grooves — Engraved deep finger grooves help in the comfy grip.
- Liner locking mechanism — The secure liner locking mechanism help nestle the blade comfortably.
The selection of pocket knives under $20 has always been tricky; nonetheless, Gerber came out as an exception. The stainless steel knife with a contractor-grade utility blade is the ultimate solution to cater to your day-to-day needs. The deep finger grooves can easily grip the knife. In contrast, this piercing tool can be unfolded to the lethal length of 5.1 inches. Overall, Gerber is an excellent knife in a viable price bracket.
JJ’s LockBack Wooden Pocket Knife Kit
- Toy pocket knife — JJ’s Lockback is a wooden toy realia of lethal blades.
- Teaching tool — The knife can be used for teaching and learning life crafts in a secure environment.
- Natural color — JJ’s Lockback comes up in natural wooden color.
Would you risk handing over the razor-sharp knife to a naive chef or kid? Your answer would be a unanimous No! The next question; then how would you teach them to learn the life skills legacy. Don’t Scratch your head.
JJ’s Lockback is an excellent prototype wooden pocket knife that is a ditto copy of its piercing cousins. The young eagles can securely use this pocket knife. The blade is durable, economical, and aesthetically pleasing what you need more. Grab one for your more youthful trainee ASAP.
Pocket Knife Spring Assisted Folding Knives
- 440C stainless steel — The 440C stainless steel is durable for very long tenures even after rigorous usage.
- Rosewood-cum-metal handle — The Rosewood handle with the metal support is a stand-out design.
- Spring-assisted — Spring-assisted knife gets deployed in an instant.
Grand Way pocket knife is made up of high-end materials such as 440C stainless steel and Rosewood that provide extreme tactfulness. The knife is spring-assisted and can be secured under a liner lock system.
Furthermore, this folding knife is the best pick for traveling and hunting endeavors and does not betray its low cost because of its high looks. This knife can be gifted to loved ones as a precious gift. Owing to its optimal facilitation, the Grand Way knife has been a top pick of the U.S. marines.
Pocket knives are your best friends that do not ask for more but help you as much as they can. Due to their versatile features, they come in handy at every point in your everyday lives. That is why they are always worth the money and the effort. From honing other knives to stripping off a wire, from opening a bottle of wine to opening the packages, a pocket knife a multi-tasking tool that you need in your life.