A flipper knife is a form of a pocket knife. What makes it different from the rest of the pocket knives is its structure and mechanism. In a flipper knife, there is always a tab that comes out of the blade itself, making it easier to activate it with one hand.
With the help of a press of your index finger, you will be able to open the flipper knife without any trouble. Also, there is no additional spring or other sorts of mechanisms present in the rest of the pocket knives in a flipper knife. This significant feature of a flipper knife has made it quite popular, and people tend to prefer flipper knives over other knives when they go to the shops to buy utensils.
Before moving forward please have a look on our recommendations:
In this much-complicated world, people appreciate simple things that have enormous benefits, and a flipper knife is one such knife. It is a simple style knife and a life savior as it can perform multiple tasks.
How is a Flipper Knife Different from Other Knives?
When compared to regular kitchen knives, a flipper knife is an entirely different product. Unlike kitchen knives, a flipper knife:
- Is a folding knife
- Smaller in size
- Used for multiple purposes
- It can be kept inside the pockets
These features make a flipper knife a different knife from regular knives.
When it comes to other pocket knives, a flipper knife is also different from them in several ways. Although, just like other pocket knives, it is small in size and can be folded and kept inside a pocket, yet some aspects distinguish a flipper knife from other pocket knives.
- It can be opened with the help of your index finger
- Has one-handed opening
- Does not have any thumb studs
- Its opening speed is faster than the rest of the knives
- Simple to use
In which Scenario Can You Use a Flipper Knife?
Just like other pocket knives, a flipper knife can be used in many ways. There is no limit to its usage. How you use a flipper knife depends entirely on you but below are some of the scenarios you can use this knife.
- Self-Defense – One of the most significant uses of a flipper knife in self-defense. Because of its easy-to-use mechanism and one-hand opening feature, a flipper knife becomes an excellent tool during a time of crisis. These knives can especially come in handy in the case of women. During a situation where they are physically vulnerable and are at risk of being assaulted, they can use it. Other than this, they can keep a flipper knife in their bags to feel safe at the very least.
- Opening of a box – A flipper knife can come in handy when you need to open up a box that is tapped. All you need to do is flipper the tap with your index finger, and cut the tape when the blade comes out. It is precisely a convenient and fast way of opening up a package.
- Peeling of fruits – Although a flipper knife is entirely different from a kitchen knife, yet it comes to the rescue when you want to eat a fruit that needs peeling, and there is no kitchen knife available. You can take out this knife from your pocket or bag and perform the task.
- Various other tasks – Putting it simply, this knife can be used to perform more than hundreds of functions that occur in our daily lives. From cutting a rope to piercing holes in a belt, this knife is the go-to tool for all, from opening a can to cleaning nails.
Things that Help to Choose Best Flipper Knife
There is no criteria for choosing the best flipper knife as it all depends on your own individual need and choice. What kind of flipper knife you should buy depends on how you want to use it. From drop points to blade edges, there is a wide range of variety available in the market, and you have to figure out which one is the most suitable for you.
However, there is one thing that you can do while buying a flipper knife, and that is to make sure that the blade is made up of stainless steel and the handle offers a stronger grip.
10 Best Folding Knives Under $50
The thing about the flipper knives available at the market is that some are very costly, but they only serve their purposes for a limited period. On the other hand, some are relatively cheap, and their quality is also compromised. Under $50 is the ideal price range that is neither expensive nor cheap.
When you buy a flipper knife for under $50, you will not be disappointed. Even if the blade stops functioning after a certain period, there will not be much less on your part.
1. Bear Ops Rancor Flipper Knife
- Stainless-steel Blade – The razor-sharp blade is made from high-quality stainless steel.
- Ball Bearing Opening – The ball bearing mechanism ensures the blade extends smoothly when opened.
- Pocket Clip Feature – The knife features a pocket clip that makes it stick on your pocket.
Bear Ops brings to you a stealth-designed knife full of unique features. With a sharp stainless-steel blade, you can expect to make some profound and accurate cuts. The knife features a whole black body, giving it an attractive look. Black coated knives are more resistant to rust, so you’ll have the upper hand on durability.
As for the handle, it features a pocket clip from which you can hang the knife on your pocket’s opening. This will give you better and quicker access to the fork in cases of emergencies. Lastly, the blade has a ball-bearing mechanism that helps in opening it. Overall, this flipper knife is ideal for daily life use. It is mainly for people who want their tools to be stealthy!
- Can withstand heavy-duty use.
- Dark visually pleasing look.
- Too heavy for a flipper knife.
2. KA-BAR, TDI Flipper Folder Knife
- Spear Shape Blade – Spear-shaped and flat stainless-steel blade for premium performance.
- Flipper Folder – A flipper folder is included to assist safely while deploying the blade.
- Ergonomic Handle – Comfortable ergonomic handle provides a stable grip.
KA-BAR’s flipper knife comes with an additional flipper folder. This folder helps to extend the blade safely. The most impressive feature, however, is the ergonomic handle that lets you grip the knife tightly. Now a tight, comfortable grip is necessary if you want to make accurate deep cuts.
And this knife offers it best. With its spear-shaped stainless-steel blade, this flipper knife can poke into anything you want. The core purpose of this knife is for self-defense, and it fits perfectly for it.
The stealthy black design makes it similar to our previous pick, but overall, this knife is just as good as it should be.
- Easy to carry around, even in tight spaces.
- The one-handed foldup feature makes it easy to deploy.
- Hard to open and close the blade at the beginning.
3. QSP Fast Opening Folding Pocket Knife
- Slip Resistant Handle – The long handle is fully ergonomic and slip-resistant.
- Pocket Clip – A pocket clip is featured through which the knife can be hung on the pocket.
- Stainless-steel Blade – The knife features a sharp stainless-steel blade that cuts through everything.
QSP’s pocket flipper knife has a long thick handle that is easy to grip and ergonomic. It is the base to a stainless-steel ultra-sharp blade that extends smoothly. Accompanied with ball bearings, the knife can be fully opened in the blink of an eye. It has a tactical look and a blade designed to slice through the most rigid materials with ease.
The best part about the knife is its size and efficiency. In emergencies, simply whip this little sword out in a flash and watch it do its magic as you use it—an excellent pick for those who seek a balanced combination of quality and size. Overall, the knife is best for daily life uses, mostly out in the wild.
It is available in a total of three variations. You can choose whichever one suits you the most.
- It opens at the speed of light.
- Sharp, heavy, and durable.
- Too large to fit into small pockets.
4. Canku C11 Mini Pocket Knife
- 4inch Razor-sharp blade – for promised efficiency.
- Ideal for humid environments – and other outdoor activities.
- Organic sheath – The sheath is made from organic materials.
Canku is a class apart in flipper knives for all the right reasons. More than anything, it has breathtaking characteristics that make it handy for outdoor activities. The knife has a razor-sharp blade that is out of the box. It will cut through a paper like a ninja.
The blade has composites materials like carbon and chromium that offer tremendous durability. Also, the flipper knife is known to be corrosion resistant. Knives like these are ideal for a humid environment as they would not rust under extensive abuse.
The weight of Canku is incredibly balanced, and the sheath is made up of real cow skin. It also comes with a pocket clip. The smaller footprint helps to conceal it and makes it an ideal Every Day Carry item.
- Comfortable Ambidextrous Ergonomics.
- Durable and Razor Sharp Blade.
- Easy to conceal.
- The Razor-sharp blade can be dangerous.
5. Gerber Gear Asada, Flipper Pocket Knife
- Contemporary Cleaver Style – for everyday usage.
- Ball-Bearing Flipper – the mechanism for smooth action.
- Anodized handle – for secure grip and aesthetics.
Gerber Asada is brilliant and is very different from the run-of-the-mill pocket knives. Gerber flipper knife is built to resemble a cleaver and has premium materials. Also, it can withstand daily abuse.
The knife is not something you would give as a gift, but its old-fashioned straight razor design draws attention.
The blade is made up of 7cr17mov, which is generally compared to D2 and is fairly wear-resistant. It comes in a variety of colors, and all of them are worth looking for.
Gerber flipper knife has one of the most substantial clips, which can withstand a decent amount of load and would not dislodge.
The flipper mechanism helps the blade to open up quickly and does not require any additional effort. Overall Gerber flipper knife looks great and is the best in budget class.
- Stonewashed 7cr17mov blade.
- Ball-bearing hinge mechanism.
- The lock mechanism is sharper than usual.
6. Crescent Inch Harpoon Blade Aluminum Handle Pocket Knife
- Superb edge quality – and has a sharp blade, which results in fast cutting.
- Titanium wire cut – For safe use.
- Flipper specification – gives smooth results.
Samior HY004 is a micro flipper knife that can be used in several ways.
Samior HY004 has aesthetic value, and you can gift it to your near and dear ones. Flipper Samior HY004 knife Has plenty of benefits, and one is its portability.
The flipper knife has versatile specifications, and it can be used as a keychain as well. Also, it has a frame lock that holds the blade safely. Samior HYOO4 is made up of high-quality material and has a titanium wire cut handle for safe use.
- Ideal for wire cutting.
- The product may lose its grip inside its cover and may flick out anytime.
- Liner-lock may not lock the blade sometimes.
7. 3″ Stainless Steel Blade Pocket Knife
- Portable – Because of the lightweight feature.
- G-10 handle – is strong enough to prevent unexpected closure and has a confident grip.
- Caged ball-bearing system – makes it different from other pocket knives.
8.78 inches Kershaw flipper knife is not something you can come across often. The benefits are manifold and one being its aesthetic nature.
Kershaw has a comfortable size, and it is portable. It doesn’t need only slice eatables but cut cardboards as well. Also, it can be used to tear open envelopes.
Kershaw has a liner lock, which is easy to open. This flipper knife has proved itself the best companion of hikers, geographers, and campers. The flipper knife has a G10 handle that offers an excellent grip. In case you find yourself hunting for a wonderful flipper knife, then this one is your go-to option.
- An ideal knife for hikers.
- It can be used for multiple purposes.
- The blade may catch stains.
- The liner lock may not be able to hold the blade all time.
8. Civivi Badlands Vagabond Flipper Pocket Knife
- Ball-bearing system – response is rapid.
- Deep hollow grind – makes it slim behind the edge.
- Rust-resistant – with a comfortable ergonomic grip.
Civivi flipper knife is a subset brand of pocket knives. This flipper knife is one of the best folding knives, which comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Civic is made up of stainless steel, which works against corrosion. It is an ideal accessory in the kitchen and can be your best partner in camping and hunting.
One of its unique features is a G-10 handle with a reversible clip. Civivi liners are designed in skeletonized designs, which help to lighten the weight. With the help of a reversible clip, it can be conveniently used by both left and right-handed users.
9. Imperial Schrade IMP17S Stockman Folding Pocket Knife
- Ideal knife – with low maintenance mechanism.
- Clip point blade – helps with carving and other hunting use.
- Easy handle – handle provides extra strength.
Imperial is an elegant flipper knife. It has an effortless handle which strengthens the grip of the hand and provides extra stability to the knife.
The blade has a simple clip-point shape. These types of blades are perfect for carving, hunting, and skinning the prey. In addition to that, the blade can surely be used for everyday tasks whether in-door and outdoor.
The blade of the knife is made of alloy steel including the super-strong American steel S35VN and the durable Japanese steel 8A stainless. The lethal combination gives the blade increased durability, strength, edge sharpness, and fine cut.
The microstructure of both types of steels is responsible for these qualities. The knife has “Ad-lock” locking mechanism which is developed by the brand itself. It is a unique system that is auto-adjustable. This means as the knife wears down the lock automatically adjusts to its movements.
10. BGT Folding Tactical Knives
- Tanto Blade – with an exceptional point.
- Comes Wrapped – in a beautiful black gift package.
- Durable Built – because of the addition of tanto and steel.
When men go hunting they do all the things from cutting crops to plucking stuff. A nice scissor does leave an impact but nothing can beat the dexterity of a flipper knife on outdoor activities.
The BTC flipper knife is a sensation for all the right reasons. For hunting purposes it can help you pierce stuff. Also, it features an integral lock which provides extra convenience. The well balanced black handle is full of aesthetic value and is fully intact.
The flipper knife can stand the test of time and makes a splendid partner for outdoor activities especially hunting.
According to a survey, more than 81% of women face sexual harassment during their lifetime. In a world full of danger and uncertainty, it is crucial to feeling safe. A flipper knife can act like your knight in shining armor to protect you during a troublesome situation.
In addition to it, this knife can serve multiple functions and bring comfort to your life one way or the other. If you are stuck in a traffic jam, there is a fruit stall beside your car. You can buy fruits from that stall, peel and slice them with the help of your flipper knife and eat them up.
To summarize everything in simple words, a flipper knife is an all-in-one tool that lessens your burdens at specific points in your life.